Thursday 5 November 2009

STARDAY RECORDS 528

WANDA BALLMAN with Eeny, Meeny, Miney and Mo
Aug 55 (BMI clearance on 14th Oct 55)
45-528-A - Think It Over (Before You Cast Your Stone)
(Ballman)   (Starrite BMI)
45-528-B - I'm Gonna Keep My Eye On You
(Ballman)   (Starrite BMI)
STARDAY RECORDS 528
I know a little regarding Wanda - she was from Jonesboro, AR and one of her compositions (“I’m Sorry I’m Not Sorry”) was recorded by Carl Perkins as a flipside to “Dixiefried” (Sun 249). Oh, and she recorded a few demos at Sun Records. She seems to have been a reasonably prolific songstress as she has had her tunes covered by the likes of Loretta Lynn , Kitty Wells and Charlie Pryde amongst many others. Both sides of this 45rpm are pretty good tonkin’ stuff. and anybody who sings Honky Tonk as “Hawkny Tawnk” will always get my vote. Sadly, Wanda passed away on Sept 21st 2005 at her home in Goodlettsville, TN. (MC / Phil Tricker/ Country Music News - Nov 2005)

Email me!


Label Shots: Phil Tricker




No comments:

Post a Comment