Wednesday, 4 August 2010

MECCA RECORDS 591

MECCA RECORDS 591
920 Third Ave, Seattle, WA
Oct 56  (Billboard review on 15th Dec 56)
GENE STERLING
45-591-A - Living A Lie
(No info)   (Mecca Enterprises BMI)
45-591-B - I Won't Be Back No More
(No info)   (Mecca Enterprises BMI)


Born in Arkansas, Gene was a truck driver by day and a singer and DJ by night. In 1953, he was DJ'ing over KRSC in Seattle, WA and appearing on Seattle's "Junior Ranch Show". He was signed to Vogue Records in 1953 and had at least one release (Vogue #1022 - "So Do I" / ???). Billboard thought it routine, but then they weren't always right. (Anybody own a copy?)
By 1956, Billboard finds him recording the disc above. Again, they are not glowing in their praise, but as I haven't heard it, I can't say if they're right or not.
(MC / Neil Davies)

Email me!


No comments:

Post a Comment